Welcome to Virtuoso Canine, my name is Camille Horton and I am a certified Small Animal Massage Practitioner through the Northwest School of Animal Massage. While I daylight as a Mechanical Engineer, my other passion is agility and other performance dog sports! I am a member of Boise Agility Runners and Climbers as well Idaho Capital City Kennel Club. As an engineer, I thoroughly enjoy learning and may be a bit obsessive in my attention to the details. Since 2012 I have been an agility addict and decided to further my skills for supporting and enhancing my canine partners through massage in 2015.
Throughout my childhood, I rode and competed with horses in 4-H, pony club as well as the local Hunter-Jumper circuit and was a member of the Montana State University Horseman’s Team. There is an extra special bond that forms when you work closely with an animal and learn to talk the same language. Transitioning to dog sports was a natural progression that brought the added benefit of being able to hike, camp and go on other adventures with them as well!
Education and Continuing Education:
- Mechanical Engineering Technology B.S., Montana State University
- Small Animal Massage Practitioner, Northwest School of Animal Massage
- Canine Fitness Seminar 2015, Bobbie Lyons CCFT, MTI, Cert CF
- Shoulder and Elbow Rehab Course 2015, Debbie Gross
- Preventing and Addressing the Illiopsoas Course 2016, Debbie Gross